Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Find Me A Washroom Oct 30 2010

We all woke up at around the same time, and Courtney and I had one thing pressing on the mind… to get home to use the washroom. When Maria offered us breakfast we kindly refused and said we must get on the road. Within 10 minutes of waking up we were both on the road dawning our surrey dinner jackets and going about half the speed we normally travel at.

That door could not come soon enough but my anal retentive cleaning nature decided to rear its head, and I came to the choice that cleaning my board was a far more pressing thing. About three scrubs on the deck into it I had to lay it down and sprint to do some damage in the washroom.

With a war scene behind me one thing was on my mind. Recover. I decided to plunk my butt down and just be lazy for a bit. That was until I phoned up ben (the owner of the motorcycle) saying that was free. Ben is a funny guy because he is all over the map, and was almost to accommodating for my crazy spur of the moment plans. I said I will be there in 25mins and he responded with ok make it 30 and I will be ok.

It was time to suit up and get my fixie on the road. This time I was a little more comfortable on it and was able to stop in a good distance instead of just white knuckling it like im on the New Jersey turnpike. Exactly 30 mins after the phone call there ben was rolling the bike onto the street.

The bike itself looked a lot better in daylight. The small nicks and scratches were less noticeable, and to be honest I was a little amazed by the fact I could ride something like that. It really was the perfect look as well. Which as much as that shouldn’t matter it does. But I knew I had to wait and think on it to make sure that this was the right choice.

When I got home I finished setting up my little shelter at the side of the house but before I got a chance to breath there was a knock at the door. It was Mark, Natasha and the kids. Austin is just an awesome nephew. He goes non stop all the time which does lead to things getting broken but I just counter that by flipping him upside down and play wrestling with him. He loves it because he does not see me much and I think even though I am 16 years his senior he can still relate to me.

This night also brought about the opportunity for me to employ my taco technique to a crowd of people. It was amazing I looked like the Port Coquitlam version of iron chef, which is a huge honour and an extremely hard title to grab. I did only do it with meat and not the fish taco because I did not want to kill anyone tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment