Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Modern Day Gunslingers Nov 1 2010

Today had two main goals. Clean the bike, and go to school. Sounds simple but those two things ended up taking all day.

After getting the car moved out of the garage so that I could pull my bike in I suited up in all of my grease monkey gear. Then I proceeded to neatly line up all of my cleaning and polishing stuff just so that I can make a mess of everything within an hour.

To be honest I did not know where to start so I just started polishing metal. Dad turned me on to autosal which works about 100000000 times better then the mothers garbage I was dealing with before. It almost instantly brought shine back to bit that looked pitted and gross. As well it got rid of a lot of the ugly rust spots on key bolts and highlight pieces. The only problem was that once you did one piece you saw another, then another, then another. Then you realize you have been polishing for 3 hours and you haven’t even started on the paint yet.

After the first hours I decided that I should just take a break from doing small circles and switch muscle groups and start doing larger circle with the clay bar, and wax. I was amazed at the difference in paint quality between my car and the bike. When I clayed the car and looked at the bar it was stricken with blue patches. When I did the same to the bike it came up with nothing. Just goes to show you the difference in paint quality. Then came the wax. Waxing is actually strangely therapeutic. Something about covering every square inch of surface area then just waiting before you wipe it off is just awesome.

Covered in cleaning stuff it was time for a shower. I needed to get the smell of turtle wax off of me and move on with the day. Moving on came in the form of a nap, which will be simulated by this long break in paragraphs.








“Evan do you have your questions ready for the people at BCIT”? Great way to wake up and the argument after wards was exponentially more special. Still though we decided to make the semi awkward car ride out to BCIT. Something about a car rid after an argument brings out the old west in all of us because at first you are just like a couple of gunslingers in the same car.

The information night for radio broadcasting was super interesting and is defiantly something I want to pursue but there is just no money in it. They say pursue what your passions are but it is also nice to have dinner on the table each night, and to have a table to put it on. So we will see how my other pokers in the fire come out before I make and choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment