Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NEW BIKE Oct 31 2010

Today was the day. I decided last night that a 1991 srx 400 was going to be my first bike. I know that getting a grey market bike means finding parts will be more difficult but hey look at the first car I bought, that isn’t the most practical vehicle either. Plus that money was burning a whole in my pocket.

After re looking at a bunch of the bikes I had contemplated I came to the same conclusion. 99% of the people selling are high, and the other 1% are selling crap. The nice thing with Ben is that he is a good guy, selling a decent bike. So bam it’s the winner.

The phone call to meet up was a little nerve racking so I made it as quick and awkward as possible, and I think we were both left with a feeling of “what just happened”. Before I knew it dad was on the doorstep and we were on the way over.

Now after giving ben the money and signing some papers we were off to insure it to get the bike home. Strike one for dads patience came when the first insurance place was close so we had to go all the way over into port coquitlam again to meridian auto (which I like dealing with better anyways. Strikes two and three both came when we realized that I forgot the paper work for the bike with ben. So even though we had the key really ben still owned the bike and had my money. Not going to lie I was a little nervous about this prospect as well so I was very prompt in calling him.

On the phone it seemed as if ben was expecting it because he said it would not be a problem and he would be there in a few minutes. A few minutes passed and he still was not there. Then the phone rang. I was half expecting him to say, “see yea”, but he was simply at the wrong insurance place which is a easy to do because within this one block there is about 3 insurance agencies, that just goes to show you what a rip off it all is.

It turned out to be a good thing he came because the original paperwork was filled out incorrectly so he would have had to re fill it all out again. In the end it all worked out and I had to watch my dad leave with ben to go pick it up. The first ride on my first motorcycle was going to be done by my dad.

There it was right on my driveway, my first bike. I expected it all to be golden but dad had some bad news for me. We need to do a complete overhaul on the suspension because it is just f’ed. I could not care less though I love my bike. Within 30 minutes of having it I could not let it sit so there I was on the street trying my hardest to hide my nerves. I slowly let out the clutch and…. Pop. I stalled. Tried again and I had the same outcome. I just was not getting it. Then slowly I started to get it. Then even slower I started to turn, and even slower then that I started to get comfortable.

After about 30 minutes I decided it was best for me to quit while I was ahead. And park it in its new shed before it started to pour rain again.

O yea and there were some strangely dressed kids knocking at the door that we had to give some candy to in order to make them leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment