Monday, November 1, 2010

Shoulder 1 Pavement 0 Oct 29 2010

Waking up in a semi strange bed is a good feeling. I can say that because I am not homeless, or promiscuous. Again another stellar intro brought to you by Evans mind recalling memories from 3 days ago at 10 at night.

When I got back home mom asked me what food I missed the most and I responded with one word “pancakes”. Now although I woke up to the smell of pancakes the next day they just were not the same. Now that I spent the night with dad I got the chance to partake in a little father son pancake ritual we have had for almost 10 years now. It’s pretty easy. Eat until you near explosion. My record of 1.5 batches of aunt jemima pancakes from when I was 11 still stands to date. It is amazing how my body works because without fail every time after eating roughly 7 pancakes I have to poo. And after said poo I always come back to a stack of three more. It is just an awesome circle.

Before long though we were back on the road because dad had to go downtown then to work. So before I knew it I was back home and trying to make plans for the night. In order to fill some time decided to go down to rocky point for a bit of closure. While traveling to port moody by skateboard I was going down one of the many steep halls around here and promptly ate tarmac. It sucked. I very quickly popped up and checked my collarbone to make sure that everything was still in one piece, and luckily this time it was.

Once at the park I just skated around then went and played a game of billiards, fallowed by sushi, and before I knew it I was getting a phone call from Courtney. Great I forgot I made plans with her. So there I was scrambling for a bud to get home so that I did not let a friend down.

I got to courts a little sweaty and running very behind, but the fact was I arrived. Courtney and I are strange because although we spent so much time apart we still finish each other’s sentences and have the exact same interests. Infact we even have the same taste in women which is strange. With both of our a.d.d.s kicking in we decided to hit the road for a late night skateboard sesh. I mean what could go wrong?

With no destination in mind we ended up at kistis house calling kristy to come over. Before we knew it it was a party. This is a rare thing for me but it was well needed. It was a little bit of a mess but in the end it was 4 friends in a basement hanging out having a good time. In many ways it was a lot like that 70’s show.

No comments:

Post a Comment