Thursday, April 1, 2010

Great End To A Good Weekend April 1 2010

So here is the weekend in a nut shell. Wednesday I woke up early and pedaled down to the shop to meet up with Kev. I was pretty stoked because we were going to ride the north shore. We however did not have a pump or a tube so we headed to kev’s house to pick up the pieces which didn’t happen but it was not a complete fail because he had to change his rear tire. Anyways we made out way over to Fromme and started the ride/ hike up. Took us about an hour to get to the top and we ended up hitting snow which is awesome. We start riding upper oilcan a black diamond trail and it was sketch with the snow. Like you hit your front brake at all and you were sliding off the log. But the bottom of the trail was super fun there was this almost sheer rock that u roll down into a cobble rock garden that is about a kilometre long if I were to guess.

Once out of oilcan I was feeling great and confident… mainly because I was riding a sweet glory DH. We ripped down the service road a bit to espresso again another black diamond trail. It was F’ed. About 10 times harder then the other trail even kev said it was hard. This one section was soaked. It was a birmed corner with roots diagonal all off of a little drop. So Kev rips through it and I see him slide out a little but save it. I on the other hand was not as lucky I make the little drop then hit the roots and slide out put my arm down then my shoulder goes limp. I think o shit here we go. So I roll my shoulder back and I pops a little. Not loud so it wasn’t bad but it hurt like a beaver. We rode out the trail but it was rough. Luckily a lady bandaged me up pretty good. I jinxed it though said o I have a tenser if I hurt my shoulder.

All that leads to today super sore but very productive. Went to work and installed my computer on my touring bike and found out how slow it is. I also stripped my commuter down solvent tanked everything stripped it all and cleaned it. The bike looked mint.

After that I went home and had a nap waiting for the call from nate the guy looking at my bike. So I pull up at coquitlam centre get my asking price and my first long board which I am super pumped on. I have wanted on for the longest time. On the plus side I rolled, on the down side I already put my first nick in it but it will happen. That was the weekend. Remember if life is worth living its worth recording

No comments:

Post a Comment