Thursday, April 8, 2010

My First Epic April 8 2010

So today was what one would call epic. Woke up with a call from Eric saying lets ride sfu. So I wake up and slowly get ready and when I say slow I mean it took me two hours to get my crap together. Anyways once I pedaled my butt down to the shop I ran into Gregg. It was good seeing him have not ridden with the guy in a while as my road riding has not been as much as it probably should be.

Once Eric showed we made our way onto the bus and up sfu. Now this is where it gets weird. On the bus I ran into megan and amrit to of my mates from way back. Then weirder Lisa (Erics girlfriend) gets on. It pretty much was a party on the bus.

The ride was good we did two laps and got hella muddy then headed back. Once home I cleaned the bike and myself off kinda. After that made some pancakes and feel asleep only to wake up to Kev calling saying lets go riding. Now having a new bike and all it would be silly to say no so I start pedaling up burke to meet him at the trail head. Luckily he picked me up half way and dragged me.

I was pretty pumped with the bike it is giving me more confidence. I am not sure if it is the bike or my skills but just to boost my ego lets say skills. I rode almost every feature on the trail except the sketchy log rides. But for the second week in a row I jinxed it I said to Kev “for how much it rained the trails sure are dry eh?” Not 15mins later come around a corner front wheel hooks into a mud pit throws me off of the bike cuts me knee and gets the right side of me completely messy.

Awesome day all in all. Now I must depart and tackle the stack of laundry in my room that is the size of a 5 month old sasquatch. Remember if life is worth living its worth recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment