Thursday, April 29, 2010

Killer Weekend April 28/ 29 2010

Good evening and welcome back. It has been a busy couple days to say the least. I woke up at 7 on Tuesday panicked because I forgot to pack a lot of the small thing such as t.p. and food. So once I got my crap together I tanked it out to meet up with corey on the second narrows bridge. Of course me being me I show up 45 mins early and have to stand around. Which might I say in cycling shoes is not the most fun thing ever. I would reference it to standing in heels… not that I know that feeling.

So we headed out to catch the 1:20 ferry but where confused by the cashier because when she was selling us the tickets she goes the ferry is running late it will be here at 1:16. Then I though is she just dumb or did she say 1:60 just to confuse us. So we go and wait (in the wrong area) and almost miss the ferry because I was to focused on my meatballs sandwich that did not feel so hot on the climb up to gibsons. Note to self meat balls and high heart rate do not mix.

Once we made it to camp the 90.07k from home we set up. Which went really smooth actually got it all down in less then 30mins. Dinner was great used my new burner which sounds like a jet taking off. I swear to you this thing boils water faster the my stove at home. And let me just inflate my ego a little. I am a genius. I brought all the necessary condiments for both the spaghetti and hotdogs so I kinda looked like camping Jesus to corey and our neighbours.

Our fire took about 45mins to light because first our lighter died, then our wood was wet. But once we got it rolling it was so nice and warm it was redic. Made some hot dogs, and ate some smore pop tarts with a buddy and a few new friends. Nothing could have been better at that moment. Scratch that I could have not had to pee 24 times throughout the night for no reason. I think I am like a dog I feel like doing it all the time because im in the forest and can.


Anyways fell asleep and woke up to the sound of float plains taking off; which kind of negated the comment of “how peaceful it was that I was going to say”. As well my mummy bag was flipped so that it was smothering me which sucked.

The morning was easy we took down everything super smooth and were on the road after a super large portion of prorage. Now I felt awesome I was rippin the hills a new you know what spinning up them like lance in his prime. Corey was not however feeling it as much.

After the short ferry ride we headed down marine drive. Still I was feeling great and was powering up everything. Then it happened with about 40k left I bonked hard. I was so hungry I was sweating. I stopped at the toco del mar because it was the only thing close that was anything close to what we would call food. I managed to limp home and was cooked when I walked in. Lord did that shower feel good though. I found it amazing the highs and lows you go through even in something as short as a 2 day tour but it makes me look forward to the big trip even more. Remember if life is worth living its worth recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment