Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tour Day 16 A New Province. A New Start. July 10 2010

Thank heavens for being young that’s all I have to say. I was so tired last night that I did not even inflate my sleeping mat. I simply sprawled out on the base of my tent and slept. I was amazed by this school the ground was perfectly level, and the grass was perfect so all in all for a night to be super lazy and sleep on the ground it coulf have been worse.

However nice the school may have been we were still out of there quicker then ever because we could not be done with saskachewan quicker. We did not even make breakfest we wanted to get out so bad. Our breakfast stop was in Moosmin our destination from the night before and was an all you can eat brunch. I don’t need to describe anymore because from previous readings you know me and all you can eat. I defiantly made them pay for letting me eat for $8.

We reached the boarder into Manitoba and you could physically see our faces change. A change of province does so much for you attitude it is amazing. The funniest part was that about 20ft after the welcome to Manitoba sign we got our first flat. It still did nothing to dim our spirits though because we were just excited to be somewhere new.

The k’s and dead deer where just flying by because we had a nice tail wind pushing up into Virden. This is where my love for Manitoba was solidified. We stopped for lunch but I finished early so went for a quick stroll. I was in AMC heaven. At a house to the side a bright green 304 (rare) javelin, then in the scrap yard next door I spot a rambler wagon and another javelin. I just about started hyperventilating. As a car geek and an amc nut I was over the moon. Lunch was a conversation piece in itself because we were just going to eat a quick sandwich but we look and all of the sandwiches where covered in mold. At that point we said ok lets splurge for the over priced restaurant called fancies. It was not fancy let me tell you that.

Unfortunately this high from lunch was fairly short lived because the 70k run into Brandon was directly against the wind. We were going 13km/h and were pushing hard. My estimation of time to Brandon quickly doubled when this happen but what can you do.

Once in Brandon we explored the downtown and bit and got settled into our campsite. While exploring I saw magazine for Vancouver. I got a little home sick when I saw that because it is so beautiful. The campsite is a thing of beauty. Yes it may have a ton of mosquitoes but at least I have power, a shower, and actual people to talk to in an office. Not a shed that says, “If closed leave money in bucket”. The people running this place were kind enough to let me use their high speed Internet so that was a wicked bonus. I was going to upload pictures but there are only so many hours in the day and a shower took priority. Remember if life is worth living it is worth recording.
Trip Distance: 179.73km
Ride Time: 7:20hr
Avg. Speed: 24.48km/h
Total Distance: 2336km
Total Ride Time: 109hr
Destination: Brandon, Manitoba

2 comments:

  1. I want to thank everyone for commenting i read every one of them and it makes certain nights a lot easier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next thing you know your Dad will be out there to purchase his latest project.
    Only one flat? You must have made a pact with the tire gods.

    High Spirits!!

    ReplyDelete