Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Hear Pigeons Love Chipoltle Peppers May 13 2010

Well I just knew it was going to be a good day by the dream I had last night. All I remember, or maybe all I need to remember that a pigeon ate a chipoltle pepper fresh off of the sun baking palate then spat fire which I then ate. Now I tried to read into this but all I got was nothing. I woke up after and went what the heck is going on in my brain.

So I wake up things are going smooth, shave my head and face. You know average Sunday morning stuff. I then headed out to the bank and got all my banking stuff figured out for the trip. At least the account aspect of banking of the trip. The even better thing was they were running early which fits my style perfect and I was out of there before my appointment was even supposed to start.

Then I rip back home and had a few minute to kill when I hear a knock on the door. It was my dad which was kind of a surprise. So we ended up going for a nice 3 hour hike through minnikhada park which is one of my favourite places to spend time. His leg seems to be getting stronger, or at least a little less fragile. It was kind of funny watching him move around though because it sure is not like a gazelle through the woods.

On the ride back it was starting to get a little warm so we stopped in at the 7 11 and got the first slurpee of the slurpee season which started today. How do you determine slurpee season you take the square root of x to the third power then multiple by the temperature. That number then is divided by 4 and that will give you the exact date of the slurpee solstice.

It seemed as though as soon as I got home I was back out of the door again. I hauled my butt over to the shop to meet up with J.J. to go for a ride. When I got to the shop I would have to say that I did a pretty stellar job of helping a few people out to get J.J. out a little sooner.

Once I broke him out we went and rode stars a.k.a. one of my favourite bike trail. He took me a new way up this technical climb which led us right into the trail. The first lap was amazing. I have never cleaned this trail before but I was feelin it. The bike was going exactly where I wanted it to. This wicked steep ladder I nailed which never happens, the drop that I almost always endo on I nailed, then the raised skinny that I always seem to have issues with I rode at what seemed mach 10. So I was super pumped on that. We did another two laps where it was more of the same. He took me on a different route which I had never ridden and it was super sweet switch back after switchback. When you are pumping a bike through a trail it is kind of like music in a way. Maybe that is why so many biking videos come with such good music. I know good is such a subjective term.

After we finished riding I rode down the power lines which was AWSOME never been that fast off road before. The only sketchy part was it is all loose gravel so im hauling see a corner and like a dh racer scrub all my speed and scared the poo literally out of a dog. After the power line headed to the pump track and did a few laps to get the already sore upper body working and work on my bike handling skills. I rode home and the timing was perfect about 5 mins away I hit the wall and was dead. Now that I am here I now realize that this was one heck of an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment