Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Few Words To Sum Up A Big Day Mar 4 2010

I do not know how to put this but I am going to try my best. Today is a big day in my life It started simple enough going for a nice mountain bike ride spending some much needed time in the saddle. It is something about bashing through a trail with no technique that calms the soul. Instead of the bus I decided to take the hard way home and pedal. Again I took the long way instead of the direct route. I didn’t realize this when I made this choice because all I thought was I want to visit Dave and visit the guys at the shop like I usually do. At some point during that ride home it my brain started to work (a rarity I know). I got to thinking how does Dave do it. He is happy as a clam working at a bike store for someone else. He is happy being normal. He is at lat least from what I see enjoying the moment. Now I have big goals in life that I will achieve but I think when it all comes to pass that I may be happy being this normal. Being average. Working hard at something I enjoy.

I came home with this thought fresh in my head. When you are in a weird mood weird things happen. And just like that a sudden urge to clean came over me. I spent what little time I had cleaning even though I was dog tired. I decided that I wanted to see avatar tonight and decided to call Kristi. I didn’t think anything off this at the time. Maybe it didn’t mean a thing and I am over analyzing everything. We hit every red light. I mean every red light along the way as if this mechanical world was telling us to slow down and think.

The movie was awesome it wasn’t the hottest for plot but it was defiantly a spectacle to behold. The car ride home was something else though. Kristi and I spent the whole time talking. Not about anything in particular but everything centred around this world. That was the thing this movie centred around its world. I am now realizing that money isn’t everything. We all say this but it takes a day like today to realize it. Now do not get me wrong I am still going to work my ass off to make myself the best but I will not forget my where my bed lays. I know you are thinking to yourself “Evan has lost his mind”. This is probly the case. I am not a wizard of words, and I defiantly did not phrase this exactly how my brain thought it. I hope these few paragraphs are something we can look back on. This was defiantly a day worth recording, and as such I am going to end it with an old cliché. Sartre used to say that a man is what he does......his true self is dictated by his actions...and not only his but by acting for himself he acts for the whole of humanity....
is a man defined by his actions?

I am perplexed and do not know what to make of this late night rambling at this moment in time. I am confused. I do not know whats next. I do not know how tomorow will compare. I am not prepared. I am excited to see what the future will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment