Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mud, Sweat, and Family Mar 10 2010

So today was a little tiring spent most of the day up burke mountain. I was going to go ride Burnaby Mountain with rhys but mother nature decided to throw a curve ball and decided to snow. The trails were pretty scary today because everything was nice and wet. After two laps of the lower trails I decided to go up a little further and managed to hit snow. Now I have to say that there is something strangely satisfying about biking in the snow (as little as it might have been). After doing the upper trail I did one more loop then made my way down the mountain via an old closed down trail called Galloway. It was pretty sweet because no one rides it now so it is getting overgrown. Adds a little extra spice to the sense of adventure.

Once home I wanted to nap but I couldn’t which kinda sucked. On the plus side my sister came down from whistler so it is a full house. Even if we are not as close as we used to be when she used to live here it is nice to have someone who is a bit easier to relate to then my parents. The even stranger feeling is writing and thinking of this while she is sitting directly behind me. That was the day. Remember if life is worth living its worth recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment