Friday, October 22, 2010

Be Safe Oct 20 2010

So I am behind a day in blogs but I have been struggling to find time t breath let alone type. When I have a second to relax the last thing I am thinking about is “I really want to type about my life”. Tomorrow morning though I pledge to catch up to date.

After yet another late night I was stuck shutting off my alarm to catch a few more precious moments of sleep before the light started to peer through my blinds. When the light comes in that means that I have overslept and need to get my butt moving.

At this point I forget what I did to fill two hours but I can guarantee you it involved eating and reading the paper while I watched the morning news. You can never overdose on news so just cram it in. It seems like you can not get a positive stories these days so when the tri cities news contacted me to run a story in the paper I was thrilled because I am sick of reading about all of the junk that happening to our area these days. About 15 minutes after the paper called the newsroom gave me a ring. Unfortunately is as not around so I had to return the call to a guy who took all my information but I am pretty sure did not relay the message.

While shaving my hair down the the scalp I hear the doorbell. I forgot I invited my old friend Jamie over to do some rekindling. It is hyperawsome that she is living back in coquitlam because we here best friends back in the days of the old neighbourhood I really don’t remember what we spent 3 hours talking about but it was a good waste of time.

After that it was time to leave. Not before we found out Jamie left her lights on and killed her battery. So leans were put on hold while we waiting for bcaa to come give a jump because my cables are in my hot rod and not at home. After ben came by to help us out I was on my way to talk with Rhys about work and possibly get a smoking deal on some shoes at the shoe warehouse.

Again plans are only good if they work and these did not. Rhys was not at work, and the shoe warehouse had no shoes for 13 bucks like I thought they all said $25. Still I tried some on and found a comfy pair. I needed new kickers for skating and mountain biking so why not get two. When the lady at the counter said, “you total is $25”. I said in response “for 2”? She nodded and I paid her. Turn out the shoes were 50% of the clearance price just to get rid of them. With no room to carry them my old beaten up converses from an outlet mall in the states we went to 5 years ago to get my sister a bathing suit from a Victoria Secret that eneded up not having the suit she wanted laid there next to a garbage can for some homeless man to wear.

When I got back and was faced with 24 middle-aged women screaming I was ready to head right back out the door, but not before being a little social first. T was right then I remembered that I was supposed to be at my neighbour’s house to catch up with them and get the low down on how the rest of the family is doing.

After that visit I was back on the road again to go spend the evening with Megan and her brother Jake watching episodes of a web series called the guild, and looking at old photos. After a good dose of laughs sleep was starting to creep into my mind so I had to hit the road and start skating home. When I arrived back the last thing I expected to see was my mom and gay still up partying. I got in just as they were heading to bed and I remember very clearly something gay said. As my mom walked up the stairs she said “good night”. To which gay said, “be safe”. Which I thought was an odd thing to say because what was there to be safe about I mean a bed was only 20 feet away. Still I got a bit of a chuckle out of it as I ate my semi stale nesquik cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment