Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Kickboxing Kicked My Butt Oct 12 2010

When I got up this morning I was sore. My calves feel like someone stomped on them then lit them on fire. The first steps today looked as if I was an old man with sore balls. It really was not a pleasant sight. Adding to that I had the three mondo blisters on each foot from my sandals.

Before I knew it all three of us were up and moving around the house getting ready. I forgot the chaos that was involved in a woman getting ready for the day. When I take 2 trips up the stairs it seems like Anastasia was up and down at least 5-10 times.

When we set out I got a ride with Anna to babs’s workplace just across the street from the community college. It was really the first talk I have had with her in… ever. Because when I was younger I was really shy and did not say much, where as now I have busted out of my shell and am not afraid to be my weird geeky self. Even if that means coming downstairs in my bib shorts because all my other stuff was in the wash tonight. 5 minutes later Babs says to me “I laid out some shorts and a tee-shirt on your bed”. To which I said, “are you saying you don’t like the spandex”. I know this is going to sound weird but even just two days without spandex felt weird. Maybe I will become like the naked cowboy in New York, but the Vancouver naked cyclist. I think I will think on that one for… ever.

When I got dropped off I decided to go for a walk (just the thing to do with blisters). Now I was aiming for south coast plaza, which is a huge mall here in Orange County. The way I navigate is I pick a route I think is right and fallow it. Well in today’s case I was wrong. I went the complete opposite way and ended up at the beach some 6 miles away. Once I hit the beach I thought to myself “damn now I have to walk back”.

Needless to say it was a much slower walk back because the blisters were getting worse. I walked down there though so I had to climb my way out with sandals on this time. I got back and Babs went “aww ev”. Which means you’re dumb. What was not dumb was the choice I made on my walk back. I say shiny colours in a store window so I went in. There laid in front of me were a plethora of g-shock watches. I have always wanted a nice day-to-day watch so this was a perfect chance. So I say to the sales lady/ man could not tell “I have small wrists and hate the overlap of extra strap, and I want a black analog watch”. She pulls out exactly what I wanted which was a matt black, metal clasp, analog g-chock that fit amazing. I said, “Ill take it”. Then she said it was a little over $300 to which I said, “I have deep pockets but short hands. I will have to think about it”. I thought about it all the way out the door. Instead I bought deodorant.

It was time to relax though so having a nice 56 inch TV and college football in h.d. was much needed. So much so within 5 minutes I fell asleep. When I woke up I was told that I had another boxing class to go to. O great I can’t walk and now im gunna have be light as a feather on my feet.

When we got to la boxing I was not super pumped but surprisingly once I got warm it was not all that bad. It got to that point though that you could feel every muscle in your legs movement to the point that you knew it was going to hurt when you cooled down. It was fun though. So much so that I am seriously considering joining a club when I get back.

The night got even better because when I got back I saw that I had an email. It was the one I wanted to get from this gentleman selling my dream starter motorcycle, a 91 Yamaha SRX 400. It’s a beauty of a little cafĂ© racer. Cheap insurance because it is in the low tax bracket, good as a commuter, and no ferrings (because the most expensive thing on the planet is Japanese plastic. Maybe I am just going crazy but I am going to get something new to me on two wheels bike or motorcycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment