Saturday, October 23, 2010

Massholes and Trivial Drama Oct 22 2010

After silencing my alarm 3 times it was time to get my butt moving. I don’t know what it was but I popped off the side of my bed instead of the front like I normally do. Apparently my gut knew something my mind did not because there in front of my bed was a stack of feathers, a wing, and a cat looking prouder then ever. Even though mom was working I yelled, “be on the lookout for a wingless bird”. To which I got a response of “where is it”. In retrospect I should have said her bed just to get a quick laugh but when I said in front of my bed I could hear a sigh of relief.

Next came a good workout. Few things are as fun as running in the rain and getting nice and wet. At least the wetness masks smell of sweat and Gatorade. The only unfortunate thing is my legs have been acting up. Even with stretching and enough tiger bomb to sink the Bismarck my calves are still hurting. Ce la vie though because I am not going to stop working out.

After that it was time to sit down and make some plans for the evening. Last minute as usual but by now everyone who is close to me knows that is how I roll. Thing were going good. My ticket that I tried paying 3 times finally went through. But now they want more money so I have to wait in a call cue for another 1.5 hours to get to someone and give them a piece of my mind. There is no way I am paying another $55 on top of my $50 ticket because there systems would not let me pay for a ticket. I will read off the confirmation numbers to them in series and tell them to pound it. I am not bitter at all. There is a reason they call them Massholes.

It was right after that ticket getting paid that I got a series messages that upset me. It is not very often I let people get to me but this did. When my mom asked “is something wrong”. I lied and said, “No, everything is fine”. Girl troubles I will leave it at that. I can hear my dad sighing saying to himself “o great”. I can already hear the onslaught of questions I am going to hear after people read this. But I would really prefer to simply drop it. When you wear your heart on your sleeve all the time eventually people will stomp on said heart.

That’s why I have friends. Within 5 minutes Kristi was at more doorstep to sweep me away for the night and it was needed. I was not down for sitting in her basement the whole night so we decided to go frustrate ourselves with shopping. My goal was simple a warm winter coat that is not size huge. First stop Winners. It was like a case of the three bears. One was two small, the other to big, and then the third to thin. What I found amazing was that there was only 3 winter coats in a size small in the entire store. The best part was Kristi’s shopping experience. She had this item that was missing a button so we were reasonable when we asked for a discount. What was not reasonable was the response we got. “Let me call my manager.” “Yea we can discount that by $1”. At that point we just walked out of the store. $1 that’s just an insult. Good luck trying to sell that piece of garbage top to anyone before it goes in the 50% off bin, and enjoy having that in you inventory forever.

After that we went to the mall where I encountered ore frustration. Every store had a wide selection of jackets for men but they were all shells or medium weight. Literally nothing that fit was a heavier weight jacket for the winter. If you did not want to wear 3 layers you had a few options, but they all started at $250 and up which just was not working for me.

Luckily we had a success story. Apple sider from this Christmas specific store. It came in this little package that was $9 but Kristi was not sure it it was the same mix from when she was a kid so the lady said, “here we have a package that was dropped on the ground and has a puncture smell it”. Kristi knew right away it was the right stuff and purchased one package of the stuff, but before it got rung through I said “hold on a second how about $1 for the busted package (that I saw was ¾ full)”? I expected a triumphant no, but was surprised to hear a “sure no problem”. Got to love shopping with a cheap ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment