Saturday, October 23, 2010

Not 100% Oct 23 2010

Today started with a bang. I saw a peering eye through my door so I said “im not up yet”. Mom says in response “I am leaving in 10 minutes to go to the dry cleaner. If you want to find a winter coat you have 10 minutes”. I was out of the bed like a rocket and in the shower getting myself de-smellied. I was out the door.

The first stop was marks work warehouse were everything was gigantic. I was getting the same feeling as last night. And was not feeling to positive about the outcome of this venture. After getting in and out we were on our way downtown to go to comor sports. Automatically when we walked in I got good feeling because it looked nice and they were playing good music (passion pit). Right away I made my way for the clearance rack and saw nothing in a small. Still not deterred I looked around and found a handful of smalls. After trying them on I took to liking this electric green number, but it was to small so I put on the medium. It fit like a glove. Using my thinking cap I looked for the last years model of that in a medium and found the exact one in black. I looked a bit like neo from the matrix but it fit amazing and was 40% off. I was sold.

On the ride back however things were not all great because I was not feeling 100%. I was hungry as a beaver ad my body was letting me know by making the roof of my mouth hurt. So within a few minutes we stopped at a local bistro in port moody. I had a breakfast wrap even though it was nearing noon. I do not know what they put inside of it but it tasted almost as good as ranch dressing on nachos.

Once home I phoned dad and told him that I wanted to see him. When he picked me up we decided to go look at some motorcycle gear. The first stop was this little one-man show, and the guy was just a huge wiener. He did not answer and questions and was super negative about everything. Needless to say he lost our business. The next lady at a reputable shop had no quality information. She simple told me “oo that ones road racy, that ones touring”. Thos are just words they don’t give me any information about the product and what to look for. Luckily after that we found cam at holeshot motorsports. He was kickasser. Gave me a ton of good information and was not pressuring me into anything. Knowing I was not buying today he even gave me the heads up on a new shipment of the jackets I want that is coming in next week. STOKED. It is something about putting on a full-face motorcycle helmet that makes you feel SO b.a. (Badass). The fact that they offer awesome protection also helps. I am kind of hoping that I can fit into some of my dads older gear though because that means I can either save some funds or invest it in the countless other things involved in getting ready to ride.

As you know my life is go go go so when I got home I was only in for a few minutes before kev was on my doorstep ready to ride. No hill climbing for me on the mountain bike today we had a car. I was expecting to feel like a puma climbing on my bike but it was not the case because I am so used to putting in huge efforts all day that a short high intensity 15-minute climb was not my forte. The downhill was a little scary. It was like being a kid again because it felt so foreign. It was loose, a little wet, and starting to rain things could not be any better for re-teaching yourself how to ride a mountain bike. Luckily I only had to pucker my butt three times, and kept up with kev for the most part… even though I think we was dialling back the speed.

Once home my throat was feeling a little sore and after a nap I knew that the plans for the Halloween part tonight just were not going to happen. But ce la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment