Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rain Rain And Puddles Oct 25 2010

So I wake up at 7 and know I have a meeting with Rhys at 9:30. I am not stoked for this because this means I am going back to work. I know it is a necessary thing but it is just like when I left. Where as on the road every day is a new adventure. Every road is new. I was like a newborn baby for 4 months is what it boils down to. Now life has to restart.

With rain pouring outside I was thanking the heaven that I had a nice waterproof coat, and boots to strap on so that I would be nice and dry. The only thing I was lacking was an umbrella. Still I was better off then the girl standing at the bus stop in a tank top just completely drenched. I did not feel bad because she clearly had the option of a coat but just decided not to put it on.

The bus stop always seems so far away when you are walking to it. As well my bus passes that have been in my wallet through 3 cycles of the washing machine are super smooshed. I always have this mini panic attack that they are not going to work then everyone one the bus will look at me as if im trying to get on for free. Because we all know the opinions of the people on the buss really matter right. Luckily this time they worked so I was ok to ride the disease tube down to Westwood cycle.

The meeting itself was a meeting. It is what I expected. It is comforting to know that in tough times like this people want you back. It is a bit of an ego boost. Afterwards I had to venture back out into the pouring rain. By this point my pants were fairly wet so I figured an umbrella would be a worthy investment. In BC you would think that would be an easy thing to find but surprisingly no. At the pharmacies they had them hidden behind the front counter. It was as if they were selling drugs from behind the counter because I had to stroll up to the counter in a big puffy jacket and go “hey man you got umbrellas?” Then the teller says “Yo essay I gots them umbrellas right here for you homes”. “I need one big one, high quality. I want it to last more then 2 weeks”. “I got just the one right here”.

After that weird situation I was on the road to find my motorcycles home, which was right near my work. Again I must have looked pretty legitimate skulking around and peering beyond underground parking lots staring at this motorcycle. But because it was a crummy day I just decided to walk away and wait for the call from my dad to go look.

On the way home I decided to treat myself to a hot chocolate to warm myself back up to temperature so that I could push out the last kilometre of walking. I had my house in sight when this a whole smokes this puddle at mach 10 on purpose and just drenches me. My pants were soaked, boots were wet, and I was happy as ever. Who does that really? What a skumbag move on that guys part. Just breath deep and enjoy the now watered down hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment