Friday, August 27, 2010

Tour Day 63 New Friends 2 Nights In A Row

Last night was something else. I never would have thought that I would be spending my night sitting on a beach with someone I just met a few hours earlier talking politics, or watching the pats game while enjoying some funny family stories. It was a great way to end a night.

The morning started at the regular. The bonus was the Fct I was on the road early so that meant I could spend a few extra minutes here and there relaxing. The roads were also a little easier to navigate. The only hiccup was getting over one of the bridges where I had to lift my heavy bike over a barrier so that I was not on the road and would not get another tocket.

Speaking of ticket when I checked my emails today I found out that my submission failed not once but twice so now I have to figure out another way to pay the bill. The last thing I need is a warrant when I get into florida. I would not do well in prision. I am simply to pretty.

The days ride took me through some really beautiful parts of conneticut. The amount of land rovers, escalades, and other high end cars was just ridiculous. I felt a little word though because I was the only person on a bike all day.

After spending time with people last night I found myself a little lonely on the bike today. So when people pulled up next to me and asked about the trip it was a chance for me to spill out roughly 50 milions words in 5 seconds.

On another note when I stoped in at radioshack they told me that they did not have the buds for my earpieces. So for now my nice headphones are rendered useless.

I was going to stop in New Haven but everything had the freshly stolen look to it so I decided to take a pass. Instead I pushed on to Millford. Where I ran into A lovely family that welcomed me and and is showing me the town tonight. I have a feeling that the morning tomorrow is going to be a little rough.

I must cut the blog short because I am on my way out the door. This social thing is nice. This is touring.
Trip Distance: 179km
Ride Time: 8:54hr
Avg. Speed: 20.19km/h
Total Distance: 9260km
Total Ride Time: 431hr
Destination: Millford, Cenneticut

1 comment:

  1. Ev, you're right vou are far to pretty, but I may be abit biased. I was talking to some friends about your're trip,one said he heard your interview on the radio and said it was quite good. The people your meeting and the places you're seeing must be amazing! People are asking how is your stuff holdlng up? Brakes/tires,do you use that chair much? How is the weather, the last few nights have cooled off here. It's amazing what you're doing Ev. Have fun/be safe. Miss you're smiling face Dad.

    ReplyDelete