Friday, February 26, 2010

Evan Vs. A Car Feb 26 2010

It seems these past couple weeks have been filled with bad news. Today was no exception. I got to work and was told I would not be able to get off early to go to the concert I wanted to go see. That isn’t that bad but I get Kristi to pick me up and she says you drive. I say sure no problem. I drive us literally 5 mins away from OZONE (the concert venue). Lost we pull into a gas station we pull out of the gas station make an immediate right yield shoulder check see a guy coming he passes slows to go into the gas station I proceed forward and hit his rear quarter panel. At that point I shit my pants. We did everything legit through ICBC and I will have to pay. I have to man up to my issues and deal with them simple as that. The ride home was nerve racking I felt bad because I did it but I felt even worse for Kristi because its her family relationship and trust that was broken.

Once we got to her house we broke the bad news and they took it well we dealt with it phoned made out claim and got everything sorted. On the plus side everyone is ok and its only money. If that’s all it takes to learn a life long lesson then that’s golden. I just hope that it is as easy on the other end with Kristi. It is hard to see family be disappointed in family. It would have been even worse if we lost the hockey game to Slovakia.

Once I got home I woke my mom and mike up and told them what went on and they took it very well. Better then I though. I think they realized that I delt with this the right way and am manning up to my problems. The way you act in the hardest times shows your true character. Anyways I am going to go eat and sleep. Remember if life is worth living its worth recording.

P.S. I found it extremely weird the ride back to my place with Kristi. I said this to her as well, and asked her “how do we end this tonight”. I mean we went through all of this I feel like a regular goodbye just doesn’t do it. She had no response and though I was crazy for over thinking this one part after what had happened. The way I ended it was bye saying “I will shut my mouth, but not my mind; goodnight”.

No comments:

Post a Comment