Monday, February 1, 2010

Got To Love Winter Feb 1 2010

So I am officially dumb. Last time I rode my road bike was about a month ago. It was rainy and not a lot of fun. It was also colder so the anti icing stuff was on the road. I came home from the ride and hung my bike up and forgot about it… until today. So after a long day at work I thought “hey I am going to change that flat I have been putting off for a month, swap the wheels to the correct bikes, and maybe clean the blue road bike while I am at it.” Boy was I in for a surprise. $80 chain rusted together, brakes seized shut. This $2500 bike was at a stand still. So the little clean is now going to be a two day process. Tonight was getting all the parts stripped off the bike, and clean the frame itself. Tomorrow is the fun task of cleaning all the components in the solvent tank and getting them back to normal.

Other then that top was pretty normal. Because I didn’t have much other time to waste seems how the 20min repair quickly became 3 hours in the garage. Remember if life is worth living its worth recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment