Saturday, January 9, 2010

Biking And More Biking Jan 9 2010

Woke up late again today which seems to becoming the norm. this kind of scares me because my moms wont be around to wake me up this upcoming week. So if I shit the bed and not wake up I am screwed. Got to work and got a lot done today which is weird for a Saturday. Met some pretty cool people to which is always nice. I also had the velodrome to look forward to.

The commute to the drome which usually takes about 30mins by bike was very pleasant nice warm night for a change. The only side affect is it made me lust for warmer weather so I could ride in shorts and a jersey instead of full commuter garb. Let me just say I am out of shape. After two weeks off of riding tonight was brutal. I went in with the mindset that I could do my regular 1 hour at 40k an hour. That was not the case I got 30 minutes in and said holy cats this sucks, and then struggled for another 10 minutes. On the plus side it was really good to see everyone again. It was pleasant to swap stories and just talk about nothing; then go out and ride. Those guys are almost like my second family.

The ride home sucked I was tired from riding and didn’t have anything to eat so I was starving. Once off the bus I limped the bike home the extra 12minute commute. Literally got in the door and started piling food in my mouth everything from meatloaf to cereal and everything in between. When you burn as many calories as I do it isn’t as bad as it sounds. Remember if life’s worth living its worth recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment