Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mountain Biking + Chilli = Good Day Jan 6 2010

First thing is first sleeping in is amazing. Not very often do I get to experience this gift but today I did. That was until I got a phone call from work asking to follow up with a customer from the previous day which I have no issues with. The started to the day was typical nice and slow. No chores needed to be done, and a new season of my favourite show top gear was awaiting me. I love my 1870 Vauxhall but watching that show lets me drool and hear the sounds I hope to experience one day.

Next up was getting ready for a little night mountain biking. Now as a roady we are vain. Our kit as to match otherwise you look like a fool. Mountain biking is as bad though. You can’t show up looking wack, actually the more wack you look the more legit you are. This was the predicament I was in. Anyways not a big deal because its night time and I was going to be pooping my pants riding anyways. After riding down to the shop got to pick up the new mountain bike and man is this thing sick. 9 grand for this beast and they trust it to a goof like me.

So Kev finally got off school met me at the shop but we had to make a brief pit stop at the dirt jumps to sell his bmx to a kid. It amazes me these kids flying out of bowls and stuff run bikes with no brakes. Not sure whether I have a lot of respect for them or should shake my head. I think it’s a case to case thing.

After waiting what seemed like forever we got up the mountain as the sun was setting and started our 15 min rid e up. Once at the trail head we had our pre ride orange and set out. Now I have a super bright light n ym bars so that I can see with. Now this had one flaw on a switchback I cant see the exit because my bars are forward but the bike has to go the other way so I see nothing. Anyways at least I could see something Kev on the other hand had one small head lamp. I don’t know how he did it he was still faster then me. After ripping through about 40 mins of tails I was sufficiently scared. It is something about wet logs, deadfall on the trail, and not seeing anything that makes it so much more difficult. Near the end of the trail I was right on Kev’s wheel and he stops dead seeing these reflectors in the bush thinking it’s the start of a new trail. Then he just books it and says “THOSE WERE EYES”. Upon discussion we like to think it was just a coyote but realistically it was a cougar. Needless to say we didn’t go down that trail again.

Once home got some chilli in my sore body then went upstairs thinking “hey its only 8 pm sweet”. Low and behold I fell asleep and 10 pm came very quickly. But let me tell you the nap was worth it. Well that’s all I got on a good Saturday. Remember if life’s worth living its worth recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment