Monday, June 14, 2010

Amazing Ride June 14 2010

What an amazing day. 6pm came around faily quickly and I was out of that door like a cannon because I saw a red civic in the parking lot. That could only mean one thing a good ride with kev. It had been a while since we rode last so I was pretty stoked. Even moreso that we were going to ride a trail called triple drown up burke. For those who don’t know it is the highest mountain biking trail up burke and has been here since the late 90’s.

Once we got up to the gun club and parked we unloaded the bikes. I am going to miss the smell of kev’s car after a hard run up that hill. Once we got riding my body realized that it had worked 8.5 hours beforehand. It took us only 60 mins to get to the trail head which is pretty dang good. After a quick pee we were set to go for a good half hour of downhill all mountain action.

Triple crown was sick. I am so glad I got a chance to ride it in ideal conditions before I leave. The trailed were nice and tacky while the roots were nice and dry. Speaking of roots they were off the hook. It is hard to describe the feeling that you get when you have the bike pinned as fast as you can go over a rooty section when you are simply guiding the bike and not steering it. You feel the bike under you going from side to side it is simply amazing.

About halfway down I realized that my fork was semi locked out so with that fully opened the rest of the ride was cake. I was going faster then I have gone before. I was keeping up to kev on the lower sections… mind you he was not going 110%. I hit multiple stunts for the first time which really get you stoked on life.

At the end of the ride when we got back up to the car we both had the same feeling “what a ride”. We both remarked that it was our best ride ever. Needless to say it has me a little nervously excited for whistler on Wednesday and Thursday with cody. I will go as fast as I can. I am determined to clear 8% of the table tops and not be the pillion that everyone is passing. I mean if a tourist can come and get on a dh bike I should at least be a leg up on them I think. Fingers crossed. Remember if life is worth living its worth recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment