Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Last Day In Poco June 24 2010

Last night was a little rough. I just laid in bed for about 4 hours not able to fall asleep. The mix of nerves and excitement made for an evil cocktail. I think what finally put me to sleep was my sister yelling across the hall “Why are you not asleep?” “Get the F to bed.” For some reason that was strangely calming.

I guess this is my last day in poco for a while. Wow this place that I call home is soon to be a spec in the distance. The day really was calm for the most part got more last minute stuff done with my banking (sans forgetting to deposit my check great one Evan). As well go my internet situ for the trip figured out for the Canada section at least. The final purchase for touring gear was the cherry on top of it all a rear view mirror. The one thing that I said I would not get because they are so lame I caved and got. I can feel my neck thank me already though so I guess that’s a good thing.

The boys and I went out for a nice long mountain bike ride that was a little frustrating for me because as they hit the huge gaps I had a tough time even getting my butt down the mountain. It was worth it though and it only inspires me to go harder… cue rhianna song here. At the end of it I was in a better mood after rifling up a few steeper climbs and getting myself good and tired. It was a fitting way to say goodbye to a few people that have made my day to day life here a little easier. I have to say thank you. Not only to them but to everyone. This trip has been a dream of mine for so long and you guys are helping me out so much with it is the smallest ways. It may be a little early for a goodbye speech so for now I will say thanks.

After the big ride it put me 2 hours behind schedual so i unfortuantly did not get to hang out with kristy and kristi, but the did stop by so that i could give kristy a nice big hug goodbye. Through this whole leaving thing I am starting to realize that wow people actually care about me. When you go day to day you don’t really think about that kind of stuff but as soon as you say bye everything comes up. The way I like to look at is is yea goodbyes are hard but they make the next hello even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment