Friday, June 25, 2010

Tour Day 1 Hope Bound June 25 2010

Well that was a hard day to say the least. I held up well at the boat launch but after that I was a complete ness seeing my friends and family be so emotion and knowing I was not going to see then for so long prompted a pretty good cry sesh on the ride out to mission.

In other news my dad broke my mirror this morning so I was left with no other option but to go into another bike shop. The owner of said bike shop said there are a couple of Quebecois ahead about 20mins at that point I drop the hammer to catch up, which I did not 40minutes later.

This is where I met Charlie (dad) and Oliver (son) really nice guys they don’t speak much English but I don’t speak much French either so it all works out. I find it amazing I can speak any French and the son can have a good conversation. I find that may speak to the education system that each province has.

All in all a great first day. I will be riding with Charlie and Oliver for the next little bit, which will cause a detour through manning park instead of the highway. Lots of love to all of those that were around today to give me a goodbye it really meant a lot, more then these simple words can describe.
Destination: Hope, B.C.
Distance: 143.68km
Ride time: 6:32hours
Avg. Speed: 21.98km/hr

2 comments:

  1. Hey Evan - you made it all the way to Hope? WOW thats quite a haul. Those calluses must be startin already. Take care.

    Keith (Red Rider).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering who you were riding with.
    Glad to read you're in good company.

    ReplyDelete