Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Packing Again June 22 2010

Only a few more sleeps then the road shall be mine. One problem is it is supposed to start raining of Friday so please cross everything that can be crossed that the rain holds. Lordy that would be a rough way to start the trip, but I guess you have to hit it at some point so why not the first day right.

The morning started off a little different then a typical Tuesday. Got to sleep in which was a nice change then my mom and I headed down to eagle ridge hospital to get a few more people involved with the trip and have an official send off from the people who are backing me 100%. It was a real confidence boost having so many people tell me that I can do it.


After a good day at work it was time for me to hang up the old shop apron for a year. I felt as if I was a retiring hockey played when I placed it on the counter. That store has been such a large part of making me into who I am today that it was a little hard saying goodbye. One thing I found kind of funny was the fact that the last bike I sold was a trek 820 (treks most entry level bike). The reason I found that funny is because for all of the high end road and mountain bikes I have sold it all returned back to the grass routes trek 820.

After work kristi, kristy and I played some Frisbee and soccer. From how sore my ankle is right now I think my technique may be a little wrong. I am just going to say thank heavens that I stopped playing soccer and switched to biking.

After that I spent the rest of the night trying to pack as much as possible. It took some major reorganizing but I think I managed to get everything covered and sealed watertight. It was actually a lot of work doing inventory on everything then repacking it. I was a little sweaty by the end of it if im honest. I defiantly earned that mcflurry treat. Remember if life is worth living its worth recording.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm a nurse in the ER at ERH and I was too busy with my patients to make it to the lobby for the celebration yesterday during my shift. I also never got a chance to sign your shirt but I just wanted to say thank you so much for the amazing thing that you are doing!
    Davina

    ReplyDelete