Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lush Hair... Nor Thanks June 6 2010

K I am going to vent here. I am all for a advertising if it is effective. Where I draw the line is when it starts to intrude in what I want to do. Case and point tonight I have no idea why this started to grind my gears but I started to watch a few youtube videos after a nice nap. So I am relaxed feeling well rested and simply want to catch up on some college humour episodes and have a good laugh. Instead I am greeted by evangline lilly from loreal which thanks to the magic of f5 I can skip. Thinking nothing of it I click the related links, which is a vortex of time wasting if you are not familiar with the way youtube, works. The next 5 videos had the same L’Oreal commercial on them. These commercials are not informing me of anything in fact they are making me not want to buy L’Oreal anymore (not that I use it anyways). Why don’t these companies do research on stuff like this. This kind of in your face advertising I realize pays the bills and makes money for companies like youtube. I simply think in L’Oreal’s case it is doing more harm then good. Now that is one opinion of a 18 year old Canadian boy that does not need the new healthy look cream gloss colour. I unfortunately do not need gorgeous glossy colour that’s never dull or fake. On that note as well the hair may not look fake but the commercial is so fake its redic off the carts. If you are going to say that natural never looked so good make the setting one that is natural as well instead of having actors placed in a room that is entirely white with pink highlights. Lets see a female mountain biker coming in from a muddy ride using the product now that sounds a little more natural.


On a side note why is L’Oreal (a cooperation) is in spell check? And why do they make a million hair product but nothing for beards?

Great so now that I am done ranting for the night I can sleep in peace and not be haunted by lush “beautiful” hair. Remember if life is worth living its worth recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment