Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tour Day 3 This Is Bike Touring June 27 2010

It is days like today that make bike touring a thing of beauty. We leave camp at around 7am to hit the road. The first 60k into Princeton were so beautiful you could not even imagine. It also helped that we had amazing weather and our legs felt good. Once in Princeton I had my very first grocery shopping experience. It was so tough deciding what bulk foods I wanted. Why bulk you ask? Because everything else is huge portions that don’t fit anywhere.

Princeton is a funny town because we were the only one under the age of about 60 within eyesight the whole time. Along with that the town was abuzz with hot rods. At first I did not clue in I simply though old people, old cars. After motoring down the road for a little bit we passed more and more of said cars and I came to realizing hey there must be a car show around here somewhere. We never did find it.

Our destination for the day was an even funnier town called Keremos. The reason I say that is because before we even get into town the weather could not make up its mind it was raining one second then sunny the next. Once we enter the town we go to the visitor canter, which is closed. Outside we see a lady who speaks French, which is perfect. We ask here where camping is. She points us down the road so we go there and meet a flock of hippies cracked out one what I can only assume is happiness and mosquitoes. repellent. Right away we turned around and went to the RV site just down the street about 2km away. Here the owner that didn’t even know his own rates maybe for the better greets us. $10 gets me laundry, electricity, and a shower, which will be nice.

I have two pieces of bad news. Foist off do to wifi, and Internet problems I will not be able to update everyday but I will keep a log of everyday and update when I can. Other bad news is I forgot my dang ipod charger. Luckily tomorrow we are hitting a larger town so I should be able to pick one up then if we get in at a good time. All I can say is wow what a day. Remember if life is worth living its worth recording.
Distance: 134.52km
Ride Time: 7:12hrs
Avg. Speed: 18.64km/hr
Total Distance: 358km
Total Ride Time: 19:35hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment